Thursday, February 26, 2009

This is why we're fat?

No, this is why I have a job. So I don't have time to sit around and bring my idiotic ideas to reality.

Check out the link below.

This is why you're fat.

I do have to admit, the first time I saw this website I cracked up. It really is funny, the stuff people create. I actually saw the chicken fried bacon on an episode of Texas Country Reporter.

The thing is, websites like this that become instant pop culture classics have the potential to get advertising, gain popularity, perhaps leading their creator to bigger and better things. Yet, this contributes nothing to society.

It's still funny as all get out.

Check out this website, which is just as addicting. It's called Line Rider.

When I first saw the website, it was real simple. Now, you can go to You Tube and find people's Line Rider creations that are just unreal.



And it's not that I'm jealous, but if I did something to gain this much notoriety, I'd at least like it to be something to contribute to society. Something of substance.

Not a bacon-wrapped hot dog on a bun with fried eggs and cheese.

But, again I'm human and when I was out at Mardi Gras eating my potato wedges with cheddar cheese sauce and bacon bits, I couldn't help but think of the greasy, fried creations on thisiswhyyourefat.com.

What do you think? Wastes of time, or humor well worth it? Or better yet, do you know of any websites that get you through your workday like these?

Grind that. And let me know!

Mike Tobias
Port Arthur News

Oh, not that I ever go to this website (wink, wink), but I am a HUGE Asteroids fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Daily Grind is moderated by members of The Port Arthur News. While we encourage thoughtful, insightful responses from the public, we do discourage the use of profanity, racial or malicious remarks towards Daily Grind contributors or those who leave comments on the blog. We also reserve the right to delete such comments, or comments containing online solicitors.

But please, don't let this discourage you from a heartfelt reply. Comment to your heart's desire. Let us know what gets your gears grinding!

Also, we'd like you to use your name, so we know who you are! And if you don't want to use your name, use your city so we know where the Grind is reaching!

Grind it!